Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Craft Room Re-do

I finally decided to re-do my Craft Room. I just needed a place that was grown up... So with a little imagination and less than $50 i've made it my own. and I LOVE IT!

This is the beautiful fabric that my then 6 year old daughter picked out for my craft room. Perfect for the girls... not so perfect for the Mommy. So I decided to upgrade to a "big girl" room.


First things first, the walls were just plain white. I couldn't handle that! So I headedover to the Home Depot and found the perfect color paint in their mis-tint section. The best part about it is it was only $5 for a gallon of paint!

Next I grabbed a can of black high gloss spray paint and went to town on my old DI dresser. It looks great now and after adding vinyl lettering to it I can tell just where my fabric's are. Nice and organized (till my little one's get ahold of it) I pretty much spray painted a TON of things, picture frames, boxes, shelves, a chair... Anything that couldn't defend itself :) (I'm pretty sure my 2 year old has a few spray painted fingers & toes as well)

Next I headed over to "Home Fabrics" to grab some "grown up" material. I found this great black & white print for only $4.99 a yard. LOVE IT! I turned it into all the window coverings by making up these faux roman shades. Then I took some more spray paint and covered a few more of my containers so they would match the room.
I found this incredible green & white print at "Home Fabrics" as well but it wasn't on sale so I decided to accent in it. I covered all the cork boards in it. I love it! (My hubby thought it was hillarious that I "mod-podged) the light switch cover, but by that point I was truly out of control!)
I put this cork board up on the outside door. I used a little ribbon to hang it and then put a couple of magnets on the back so it wouldn't swing everytime we opened the door.

I just love it! What do you think???

Linking up with
The House in the Roses

6 comments:

CIELO said...

I think it looks wonderful! and thanks for participating in "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" and letting us into your cozy home!

ps: I didn't see our linkk, so I hope this is the post you're sharing ;)

Hugs

Cielo

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

WOW that looks great!

Holm Made said...

Sorry Cielo, I'm new to this blogging thing. But I've got you linked now! Thanks

Unknown said...

great job :) come on over and link up to MMM!!!

Crafty Mommy Diva said...

Fabulous job!

Kathy said...

This does look wonderful! Love the faux shade - terrific complement to the room! I love your creativeness in the accents!
God Bless,
Kathy